Thursday, December 16, 2010

my personal private god

i started from shimla by 10am
and expected to reach bachchauri in around 6 hours
more than me
my god inside me was excited
about the journey ahead
leading to the magical countryside!
vast fields
fresh air
great food
no automobiles
simple people
laid back life
lives full of stories.....!
i reached chandigarh on time
but beyond chandigarh
it took me 4 hours where it should have taken 2
courtesy
demostrations
and on-going construction of flyovers!
what was expected to be a refreshing drive
turned out to be a very tiring one
especially considering that i had been driving
half of the previous day as well while returning from chindi to shimla!
my personal private god inside me
was more tired than me!
upset and annoyed!!
finally,
both of us reached bachchauri.
i parked the car
had a refreshing tea
relaxed a bit
and took a bath which gave some life back to my tired body
and my god inside me!
the tasty food thereafter
gave it all back!!!
both me and my god
were atleast mentally refreshed by now!
after the dinner
both of us decided to have a small walk
in the narrow lanes of the sleepy village
getting ready for an early retiring to the bed!
by the time we returned back
our
bed was ready!
both of us jumped in
and don't know when sleep got the better of us! --
i don't remember the dream i had
but it must have been a beautiful dream
for i was having one of the most sound sleep
i had had in a long long time!
--
all was all right
when
suddenly
a big noise
shaked me out of deep sleep!
"what's that?" i blabbered!
--
it didn't take me long to realise that
some great soul
had switched on the loud speaker
of the local worship place
to play the recording of scriptures!
it was shockingly loud
at the shocking hour!
simply shocking!!!
i pressed the light button on my wrist watch
- it showed 4.05am!
i wished someone would realise the mistake
and turn the loudspeaker off, mercifully
and let everyone sleep!
but since it wasn't a mistake,
it was not switched off!!
--
i could neither be angry nor happy
lest god got annoyed at my blasphemy!
--
but wait a minute!!!
"i didn't have to fear god! i had my private personal real god always inside me!" i recalled!!!
i searched frantically inside me
and got the shock of my life!
he was not there!
he was missing!!
--
where had he gone?
i checked again
thoroughly!
yes, my god inside me was missing!
i jumped out of my cozy bedding
switched on the lights
and searched all room for him!
he was nowhere to be found!!
i opened the door and went out.
--
outside, it was pitch dark
and much much louder!!
"who's listening? who wants to listen?"
i murmurred!
--
but for the moment i was more worried about my lost god!
i searched for him in the streets without streetlights...
he wasn't there.
when i had searched all probable places
i decided to go where the loud noise was coming from
looking for him!
--
the loudspeakers had won the war
of calling me in!!!
i went in and searched.
but to my utter shock
he was not there as well!!!
in hearts of heart, i knew he couldn't have been there!
i knew my god more than others.
so where was he?
i couldn't ask anyone
for there was no one out in the streets
not even the dogs
at that sleepy dark hour
pierced by the high decibel preaching!
--
i returned back
dejected
and empty handed.
i closed the door behind.
the sleep had vanished from my eyes!
and so had my god from inside me!!!
--
it was very cold and i felt like zipping myself up in a warm jacket.
i opened the almirah
and amidst the layers of warm woollens
saw huddled and sleeping cozily with a smile
my personal private god.
--

No comments:

Post a Comment